Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When I went for my workout walk this morning I saw this baby seagull, well it isn't really a baby anymore but seagulls act like babies for a very long time. As you can see this one is almost full grown but they sit a peep at their parents trying to get their attention and, I guess, get them to feed them. It really is a pathetic sound. Mom was sitting a little ways away completely ignoring her noisy off-spring. A LITTLE MOMENT that I wouldn't have taken any notice of if Ihadn't had my camera with me.







I have a friend who is going through a very difficult time right now. Her son has had major surgery for cancer and her neighbour that lives below her in her apartment building has been harrassing her through the manager of the building. He complains about her making a noise between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am. She goes to bed at 8:30, wakes at 5:30 and then goes downstairs to the library, to use the computer, until 7:00. It is her word against his and they have chosen to take his word. She has been given an eviction notice and is sick with worry about where to go as she is on a basic old age pension.

I am relating this story as a reminder for those of us who have good health and a warm and comfortable place to live to be grateful for what we have and notice all those LITTLE MOMENTS that make life special.

























1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! Thanks for the reminder to remember the little things because those are truly the things that matter the most xo

    ReplyDelete